Sunday, April 29, 2007

Trawling the web for answers.... a real-life example of a information integration

Folks

As soon as I put up the new home work question on data integration on the web,  the following hits were made on the website:

----->from my referer_log
http://www.google.com/search?q=building+a+mediator+schema+CS+courses+kambhampati&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-
8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a -> /cse494/notes/f02-exam2.pdf

-->from the access_log
71-35-60-???.phnx.qwest.net - - [29/Apr/2007:11:45:51 -0700] "GET /cse494/notes/f02-exam2.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 55917

(I am suppressing the actual IP number by putting ???)

Of course, I am pretty sure this is all coincidental and there was no actual plagiaristic instinct behind these purely academic endeavor of doing a manual-Mashup for answering homework problems.

Nevertheless, may I remind y'all the rule I articulated at the beginning of the semester--I know you are all smart enough to find the answers for any question I can give. I would rather hope that you will try to find them in your head rather than on the web or with your friends.   

regards
Rao

No comments: